Love................ The Tough Type


Yaaaay! I'm back

 http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/2011/01/mac-tough-love1.jpg

Today musings is about love, an idea I love so much but it is not just the mushy, eros kinda love but tough love borne of deep affection to right a wrong or imbibe certain principles in this individual. Before I go on to the lesson, let me tell the story of the inspiration behind this.

Dupe (the lady who makes my nails) was already so late for the appointment but as a 'loyalist' that I am, I couldn't go anywhere else, anyways she came back with her baby (I gotta say, this baby is about the only baby that I know of that can laugh to every and anything), she had to feed her first so that she is able to work without any hassle. But this lovely baby won't eat, all the means devised by the mother did not work as she started wailing (Omo, this baby can cry ooo!). 

That was how Iya Mistura, a neighbor came to the rescue, feeding her in the most 'cruel' way I have ever seen. I'm sure as a Nigerian child you might have been fed this way and for those that are do not know or are not Nigerians, see pictorial description below.


This got me thinking, it is love that made Dupe allow another mother tend to her baby this way. A bit cruel? Yes I agree but the baby had to be fed to grow. Another revelation struck, some of us need this tough love in our relationships, we need tough love to pass that message our significant other, to let hi/her know badly or inadequately they have been dealing with us and maybe like Dupe's baby, they will cry, sulk but would later realize how advantageous it was to be loved the tough way.

Thank you...... Please read, comment and share


Disclaimer: This picture for illustrative purpose only

Comments

  1. We all need tough love some times to reset our personality... Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. very true, what is examples of tough love have you received?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

8 Great Tricks for Reading People’s Body Language

The Synergy Between Lagos Bus Driver And His Conductor

9 Things That Interviewers Really Want To Hear From You